Hi. I’m Matthew Marichiba. I work for people who need projects done but don’t know how to do it, or don’t have the time. When clients work with me, they are buying confidence that their project will get done– planned efficiently and managed professionally. Nice to meet you.
My list of present and past projects will give you a better sense of who I am and what I do. See LinkedIn for more on my professional experience, or contact me for a resume. My leadership profile gives you a taste of what inspires me to action, whether I get paid or not. I don’t distinguish between paid and unpaid work in describing what I do. It is all my authentic, integrated vocation. When you work with me, the whole me comes along.
My professional values are:
- Reliability, Honesty and Integrity – I say what I mean and I do what I say, and I expect the same from my coworkers and my employers. (I call these values “Re-HI”.)
- Communication and accountability – I communicate persistently to clarify expectations and to hold myself accountable to my word.
- Results – I produce results; I don’t just put in the hours. If I or the project aren’t producing results, it’s time to re-evaluate my participation.
- Authenticity – My work is an authentic extension of who I am, not a container that constrains who I am.
- Sustainability – I seek ways for business to flourish while promoting environmental sustainability and social justice.
- Fun, humor, laughing – If it can’t be done with joy, why do it at all?
My personal values are enumerated here, for people with spare time and a tendency for voyeurism.
I don’t mean to be a narcissist, but some occasions call for a snappy bio. Here’s mine.
Matthew Marichiba Bio
Matthew Marichiba is a writer, engineer, community organizer, and MBA in sustainable management based out of Santa Cruz, CA. He helps organizations develop profitable strategies that bring forth a world that is environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually fulfilling. Matthew has worked with organizations such as Environmental Defense Fund, the City of Berkeley, and Community Alliance for Family Farmers to create strategic plans, marketing plans, financial models, and industry analyses. He has also worked for the Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program certifying green businesses. Matthew’s toolbelt contains a combination of group facilitation, improvisational acting and play, business coaching, community building, business planning, online collaboration expertise, and analytical engineering rigor.
Matthew has ten years of experience in digital system design, including field applications engineering, customer training, product marketing, communications and technical writing, and team management. He holds an MBA in Sustainable Management from the Presidio School of Management in San Francisco. He received his Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and Bachelors of Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Minnesota, Duluth.
What I Do
- Project & program management
- WordPress development and training
- Mobile web app development
- Marketing communications and social media strategy
- Business consulting & coaching
- Group facilitation & training
- Freelance and technical writing
- Community development
- Be authentic.
- Focus on people.
- Rally around a vision.
- Get the job done right.
Me: The Basics
- Grew up around Madison, Wisconsin.
- Transplanted to California’s Central Coast in 2000.
- Degrees in computer science and computer engineering.
- MBA in sustainable management with a focus on organizational development.
- Five years living abroad in Japan and Spain, and extensive travel in South East Asia.
- I straddle personality types: between people skills and technical skills, creativity and rigor, big picture and low-level detail.
- Musician, actor, urban farmer, community leader.
- Mission: Bring forth a world that's spiritually fulfilling, socially just, and environmentally sustainable.